Thursday, April 2, 2015

What are WE REALLY about?

Today was not a happy day.  In fact, I would state that it was one of the worst days of my 43 year career.  As I reflect upon the entire teaching profession, I have so many questions.  We always say that students and what is best for them is at the heart of everything we do and should drive all decisions.  Schools always state that students are the center of everything.  We need to always support them and do what is best.  Unfortunately I am learning (and it is smacking me very hard in the heart) that these are only words . . . empty platitudes.  We say them but we do not act on them.  We make decisions that are not in the best interest of learning and students..  We worry about rules and compliance.  Those two terms seem to be what really drives us.  We need to follow those rules and to be sure we are compliant - to heck with those kids.  I wish we would stop lying.  It hurts!!

La Vieja

No comments:

Post a Comment